PlanetSide 2 Releases New Weapons and Implants with GU13
By EdwardsLin on 0 0
As reported by official forum, PlanetSide 2 plans to release new GU13 (Game Update 13) next Wednesday, on July 24th. Creative Director Matt Higby announced the upcoming update's content in forum ahead of schedule. Among the new releases, cool implants and brand new weapons should be big surprises to every PlanetSide 2 loyal fan.
Implants are consumable items that enhance your gameplay perks during a short time. You can gain unique benefits from these implants that help players improve their fight style and further refine their role. Here are the currently planned implants we're launching with GU13.
- Awareness: auto-spots enemies who damage you or that you damage
- Battle Hardened: reduces camera shake from explosions and flinch
- Clear Vision: Protects against concussion and flash grenade
- EMP Shielding: Protects against EMP Grenade effects
- Enhanced Targeting: increases the range that you can see enemy health bars and names
- EOD HUD: Allows you to detect enemy explosives in a short radius around you
- Regeneration: Slowly regenerates health over time when not in combat
- Safe Landing: Reduces fall damage
- Sensor Shield: Makes you undetected on enemy radar/motion sensors
- Thermal Reduction: Prevents the wearer from being highlighted by thermal vision
4 New Weapons were unleashed with GU13 as well. The performance of these weapons is strengthened than before. You may read the weapon's instructions below if you love weapons.
- NS-7 PDW SMG: This SMG has a lower damage drop-off than all the other SMGs, allowing it to perform well at short and medium ranges. Its low recoil and very quick center speed (fastest in the class) allow those with good burst control to extend its range even further.
- NC LA3 Desperado Pistol: This 2x burst pistol has a fast burst but slower overall rate of fire. The fast burst mixed with moderate damage makes this pistol a solid choice at close range, though low accuracy will limit its effectiveness at range.
- TR TS2 Inquisitor: Equipped with an extended magazine by default, this pistol gives the TR a solid all-around option that has very high sustainability and damage output per magazine.
- VS Cerberus: High upfront damage mixed with an above average rate of fire for that damage class makes this pistol a good choice at close range. Low accuracy will limit the pistol‘s effectiveness at range.
Besides those, GU13 includes a big deal of other changes, such as the extension of the Esamir area, more humanized respawn setting, Suit Slot tuning, Vanu weapon audio update and so on.
PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play sci-fi MMOFPS, published by Sony Online Entertainment and released on November 20, 2012. PlanetSide 2 is a re-imagining of PlanetSide, which was released in 2003. It features territory control in an open-world, large battles featuring up to 2000 players per continent on foot or in land/air vehicles. And now, PlanetSide 2 is also available for PlayStation 4 as well.