Boom Beach New Update Released, New Cooperative Mode Task Force Overview
Supercell finally released the long-awaited new update for Boom Beach today. They have preheated it for 4 days. In the update, we will experience the brand new cooperative mode Task Force, which allows you to build up Task Forces with other players and fight the Blackguard together. If you still don’t know what Task Force is, you can find out everything from my previous article.
Now, let’s check out the full contents of the update:
- Task Forces have arrived!!!
Cool UI Stuff:
- The #1 player's gold badge gets better with age!
- The longer you hold the top spot, the cooler your badge will become
- Tap a player's gold badge to see more info
- Gunboat abilities have handy countdown timers where they land.
- Armory usability improvements
- Extra hint for Power Stone popover if the Sculptor hasn't been built
- Online warning is now a less intrusive clickable icon (this appears after being online for 4 hours in a 24 hour period)
- Enemy Activity no longer auto-opens when entering the map screen
Neat Graphics Stuff:
- Possibility of rain on tropical islands
- Ash particles fall from the sky on volcanic islands
Dr. Terror Got Buff Stuff:
- Dr. Terror has built Shock Launchers
- Dr. Terror now harnesses the power of Ice Statues
Why are we doing this?
We think Dr. Terror is too easy for a lot of high level players, who can breeze through his 20 stages in 15 minutes or less, twice a week. This gives a huge resource injection without much challenge. Dr. Terror is a worthy adversary and clearing his 20 stages should be hard.
- Treasure chests don't spawn as often >> Why? See here <<
- Dive Locations spawn more often
- Even faster invasion rate when the map has fewer opponents (meaning more bases to attack when your map is clear)
- Slower invasion rate when the map has lots of opponents
- To balance the above two points, your map won't be able to house as many total invasions at any one time (which means a less overwhelmingly full map at times)
- Shorter build times for high level building upgrades
- More expensive Diamond speedups (this is to balance the above point)
- Less expensive resource purchases with Diamonds
- Many bug fixes and performance optimizations
Next, take a look at some review videos from Boom Beach players
Via Teach Boom Beach
Related Article: Boom Beach New Update Coming: Build Up A "Task Force" With Your Friends
Source: Boom Beach Forum