Guide to WoW 6.0.2, the Pre-patch of Warlords of Draenor
WoW 6.0.2, the pre-patch of Warlords of Draenor has been deployed at Oct 14. In the patch, players will face the invasion of Iron Horde at the Blasted Lands for the first time. We will see a lot of new contents, included new character model, new racial traits, new raid Upper Blackrock Spire, Toybox, etc. But the contents inside the Dark Portal weren’t released, so we can't experience Garrisons currently.
|New Features||Iron Horde Incursion | New Upper Blackrock Spire | New Character Models|
|Major Changes||Raid Changes | Toy Box and Bag Space Improvements | Item Changes | Profession Changes | Racial Traits | Gear Up Quickly|
|Additional Changes||Guilds | Unified Auction Houses | Additional UI Improvements |
Transmog Improvements | Arena Skirmishes |
Content Removed | Content Not Coming |
To unfold the story of Warlords of Draenor, Blizzard deployed two world events on the WoW patch 6.0.2: the fall of the Blasted Lands and occupy the Upper Blackrock Spire.
World Event: Iron Horde Incursion
- The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril'lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.
- Adventurers looking to dislodge the Iron Horde’s attempts to establish a foothold on Azeroth should visit the Blasted Lands.
- A specially revamped five-player version of Upper Blackrock Spire is available to level-90 characters for a limited time, and sets the stage for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde.
Players can complete special events in the Blasted Lands and UBRS to prepare for the new story in Warlords of Draenor.
- In the Blasted Lands, players can complete a short questline to receive several rewards: The Iron Invasion, Iron Vanguard title, Iron Starlette battle pet.
- This version of the Blasted Lands is phased--low-level players can still quest as normal.
- You can easily get to the Blasted Lands in 6.0 by taking the new Shattered Beachhead portals in major capital cities.
- Players can kill several bosses in a new 90-only version of UBRS for ilvl 550 loot.
After saving Garrosh, Dragonmaw clan’s chief Zaela led the remaining troops occupied the Upper Blackrock Spire as the outpost of Iron Horde for invading Azeroth.
- The loot is item level 550
- You should use Group Finder to enter the 90 level Upper Blackrock Spire. If you walk there, you will be required to reach level 100 to enter it.
- The raid requires you to reach item level 510 to get access.
- There are only 3 Bosses in the current Upper Blackrock Spire. Players will be able to farm the left 2 bosses in the level 100 Upper Blackrock Spire after Warlords of Draenor released.
- After defeating the third boss Commander Tharbek, you have gotten over the raid.
- You can check out the guides of the 90 level Upper Blackrock Spire from our WoW hub;
Character models for races from the original game Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, and Draenei have been overhauled with an increase to fidelity and texture resolution; while retaining the core look and feel of the originals. You can check out the whole model changes via "Warlords of Draenor: New Character Models of All Races"