Final Phase of Heroes of the Storm Tech Alpha Coming, Getting the Mount Reward
Blizzard announced Heroes of the Storm will enter the final phrase of technical alpha. With the coming of the phrase, your alpha account will get a data wipe. But if you have purchase something in Heroes of the Storm, your money will be refunded into Battle.net Balance. Next, check out the important info of the announcement.
- Blizzard will close Heroes of the Storm in-game shop on September 22. But at that time, all alpha heroes will be temporarlly free to play.
- In the week after they shut down the shop, the technical alpha service will be offline more than a week for extended maintenance.
- The data of your alpha account will be wiped out. But your money spent on the in-game shop will be refunded into Battle.net Balance. And these Battle.net Balance can also purchase the stuffs in other Blizzard games, like Hearthstone card, WoW pets, etc.
- Final phase of the Tech Alpha will begin after the maintenance and will be on the Live Battle.net servers with other Blizzard games. And it will use your normal Battle.net friends list. But the friends you made in current Heroes of the Storm won't be moved to the list. So, take down their ID number quickly.
- If you have paid something for the real money during the technical alpha, you will get a Wonder Billie Mount as the reward in the final phase. So, if you want the mount, you have to make a real money purchase in the next two days.
- All purchases made in the future versions will be permanent.
We’re gearing up to enter the final phase of Technical Alpha, and there are several items you’ll want to keep in mind as it approaches. This is an exciting milestone for Heroes of the Storm. Preparing for this phase includes an account wipe, and we’d like to give you a rundown of everything you’ll need to know.
ALL HEROES TEMPORARILY AVAILABLE
We’re shutting down the Heroes of the Storm Shop on September 22. At that time, you will be unable to make any purchases using Gold or real money. However, we don’t want that to put a damper on your latest matchmaking win-streak. We’re thrilled to let you know that while the Shop is offline, all 29 Heroes in the Technical Alpha lineup will be available for play in the free Hero rotation!
The week after we shut down the shop, we’ll bring the Technical Alpha service offline for more than a week of extended maintenance. During this time, you’ll be unable to login or play Heroes of the Storm and we'll reset everyone's Heroes accounts. Once the Nexus is brought back online, it will be as though you’re starting fresh with a brand new account. This means that any leveling progression you’ve made, rewards you’ve unlocked, in-game Gold you’ve earned, and any purchases you’ve made with real-money or Gold prior to the wipe will be reset.
However, kindly keep in mind that following the account wipe, any real money you spent thus far during play testing has not been lost and will be refunded to your Battle.net Balance. Even though you’ll be starting fresh at level one, you’ll still be able to use the refunded money to pick up that shiny Bundle Pack, Mount, or Skin you might have had your eye on over the last few weeks. As an added bonus, anyone who made a real-money purchase using real money during the Technical Alpha will receive an exclusive Wonder Billie Mount!
This is the final planned Heroes of the Storm account wipe and monetary refund. Our goal is to avoid future player and hero progression wipes after we come back online, but we may still need to adjust or wipe player progression with future updates. Don’t worry, though, because we’ll give you ample warning if that ever becomes necessary. What we do know is that from the moment we bring Heroes back online after this wipe, purchases you make in the Shop will be permanent. So get those Heroes, Bundles, Skins, and Mounts with the confidence that you won't need to reacquire them again.
IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE!
Once Heroes is back online, all current players will be moved to their home Battle.net region. When this occurs, a number of things will happen:
- You will lose access to the friends list you built in the Heroes Technical Alpha thus far. But you will regain access to your normal Battle.net friends list that you share with all other Blizzard games, including Diablo® III, Hearthstone®, StarCraft® II, and World of Warcraft®.
- Your friends in other Blizzard games will now see you as playing Heroes of the Storm and be able to communicate with you across games.
- If you wish to remain in contact with friends you made to this point in the Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha, take down their BattleTags (both the account name and unique ID number) now, and add them to your friends list after the wipe. Please note however, that some of the friends you made in the Alpha may have a different home Battle.net region than you do, so it will not be possible to friend them unless you are in the same home region.
Though a lot of what's happening is on the backend and not immediately visible to testers, all of the work we're doing on this transition is a major step for Heroes of the Storm. For testers, we appreciate your patience through this process as we move forward in the development of the game. Until next time, we hope you’ll enjoy queuing up with our entire Hero lineup starting next Monday, and we’ll see you in the Nexus!