Bunge explains Destiny's game modes after the recent Alpha leak
After Destiny’s Alpha leak appeared on YouTube for several hours, lead game designer Luke Smith, steps forward and reveals a few details about the game’s campaign and online features.
Here are some activities that will be available in Destiny:
“We’ve attempted to build a suite of activities that can suit a variety of moods (I want something challenging! I want to chill out with my friends! I want to see where the story goes next! I want to shoot other players! I want the game to be a cruel dominatrix! etcetera).”
- Story missions – these will be solo missions, often tied with the main campaign story that can be also attended by groups of up to three players. You will also be able to choose a higher level story mission if you are looking for some additional challenge.
- Strikes – three player activities that will feature several bosses and loot at the end and will serve gearing purpose at higher levels.
- Explore missions – lower intensity activities that will send your 3-man Fireteam to explore the surface of a planet, taking odd jobs and tasks for the City.
- Raids – these will be high difficulty challenges meant for six players. In order to finish these raids you’ll need to focus on teamplay.
- Multiplayer – meant for the “shoot other players” mood.
Luke Smith also said that from now on they will start to share more details with us.
“We’ve structured Destiny’s world to have places where you will probably intersect with other players, and places where you won’t. We’re not going to have players drop into the climax of a mission, but the common landing zones for a given planet? That seems like a great place to see other players running amok in the world. Regardless of what activity you’re playing (PvP aside), you’ll see players on their own activities.”
If you want to learn more about the game, visit the official site and take a look at our Destiny HUB.