Things You can Expect in Elder Scrolls Online's Update 1.1 and Craglorn Zone
The Elder Scrolls Online's first major update sees the addition of Craglorn adventure zone. What can we expect in Update 1.1 and what challenges will we have in Craglorn? Read on to learn the details.
Craglorn is designed to entertain Veteran Rank 10+ characters, means that you have to reach level 50 to enter this area. The quests and exploration are also meant to be played in group, with your allies.
Location: between Cyrodiil and Skyrim
Entry: a new quest available in Mournhold, Wayrest, and Elden Root will lead you to the zone
The most exciting content in Craglorn is
Trials, the 12-man raids. Two Trials will be opened: Hel Ra Citadel and Aetherian
Archive. By completing the challenges in Trials, you can earn loot and write
down your name on the leaderboards. Additionally, you can earn a large amount
of EXP from killing enemies, and you can earn up to Veteran Rank 12 as you
continue your adventures in Craglorn.
Things you need to know about Trials:
- You can use the group finder tool to locate others for your Trial group
- A group has 60 Soul Reservoirs, means your group have 60 resurrections available
- Soul Reservoir appears on the right of your Ultimate ability. You don't have to use it when you are downed
- Trial quests give special rewards the first time they are completed each week
- Combat with any monster in a Trial will block resurrection for group members until combat ends
- Loging out and loging back in the game during a Trial will transport you to the Wayshrine
- There is a timer to evaluate your performance in Trials and affect the leaderboards
- Leaderboards are updated approximately every five minutes
- Friends and Guild Members will be notified via the Notification window when you improve your best time in a Trial
- Each week, players on the Trial of the Week leaderboards receive item rewards. The Trial of the Week leaderboard is cleared when the new Trial of the Week begins
Death Recap added
Update 1.1 adds a Death Recap feature, which tells you what contributed to your character’s death, including the most recent damage inflicted on your character and helpful hints to avoid death in the future based on how your character just perished.
Dungeon chests get some changes and now each
player in the group who is within 50 meters of the chest when it is unlocked
will get an individual roll on the chest. At the same time, the number of
chests in each dungeon reduced to two. Chests still randomly appear in the
Alliance War improvements
The outnumbered side in the Alliance War will receive a bonus to potential scoring and alliance points. Besides, The EXP awarded for killing enemy player characters has been doubled while EXP rewards for completing the quest to kill 20 enemy player characters have been increased. Last but not least, new and higher-resolution textures for all non-humanoid enemies are available.