Kobolds & Catacombs Now Open to All Hearthstone Treasure Seekers
The deadliest hazards of all await players in Kobolds & Catacombs’ new and completely free single-player mode: Dungeon Runs. These high-stakes subterranean adventures are inspired by the iconic fantasy dungeon crawl, and they’re never the same experience twice. Those brave enough to embark on these challenges can earn three free Kobolds & Catacombs card packs by completing a series of introductory quests. Players who complete a full Dungeon Run with all nine classes will also earn the “Candle King” card back—indisputable proof that they’ve mastered one of Hearthstone’s most daunting challenges yet.
“Kobolds & Catacombs harkens back to the type of old-school fantasy-gaming experience that many of us at Blizzard and in the community grew up on,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We think players are going to love the new cards and testing their mettle in Dungeon Runs, and we can’t wait to see how deck strategies evolve with the new mechanics we’ve added with this set.”
Kobolds & Catacombs is available now for Windows® and Mac® PCs; Windows, iOS, and Android™ tablets; and iOS and Android phones. Card packs can be purchased individually or in discounted bundles from the in-game Shop for gold or real-world currency at the same price as all other Hearthstone card packs. Players now have the chance to win Kobolds & Catacombs card packs as quest rewards or prizes in the Arena, and can also craft cards from the expansion by using Arcane Dust collected from disenchanting unwanted cards.
For a limited time, players who log in to Hearthstone will receive three free Kobolds & Catacombs card packs to celebrate the launch of the expansion—in addition to the ones earned from the introductory Dungeon Run quests.
Visit www.koboldsandcatacombs.com to learn more about the expansion and prepare yourself for the hazards and horrors that await you in the depths below Azeroth.
In Kobolds & Catacombs™, the new expansion for Blizzard Entertainment’s smash-hit digital strategy card game Hearthstone®, Azeroth’s boldest adventurers will embark on an unforgettable expedition inspired by the classic fantasy dungeon crawl. Players will delve deep into the vast underground caverns unearthed by those notorious, pesky Kobolds, where they’ll discover all manner of treacherous traps, long-forgotten monsters, and glorious treasure with 135 new cards to collect.
DELVE INTO THE UNKNOWN
The Kobolds have been digging beneath Azeroth for thousands of years, and along the way they’ve discovered ancient artifacts—and terrifying monsters. Intrepid explorers who fully explore the dungeons will surely discover treasure beyond imagination . . . if they survive! Dungeon Runs are a new single-player mode coming with Kobolds & Catacombs where you’ll defeat dastardly bosses and collect their loot to build a deck that will keep you alive as you go deeper and deeper into the catacombs.
- CHALLENGING – Tread carefully, because losing just one match will end your Dungeon Run! If you manage to complete a full run with each of the nine classes you’ll add the Candle King card back to your collection.
- REPLAYABLE – 48 unique encounters and a huge assortment of new cards were created just for this mode.
- COMPLETELY FREE – No purchase required; build a deck worthy of a hero with cards you find along your run.
- LAUNCH QUESTS – Earn free Kobolds & Catacombs packs through these quests at release:
- Quest 1: Complete a Dungeon Run
- Quest 2: Defeat 5 dungeon bosses
LEGENDARY TREASURES AWAIT
- NINE LEGENDARY WEAPONS – The arms race is on! Every class gets a Legendary Weapon, and all players get one free just by logging in!
- UNIDENTIFIED MAGIC ITEMS – These mysterious cards gain new powers when they enter your hand.
- SPELLSTONES – Play your Spellstone immediately, or empower it by fulfilling specific actions for a greater effect.
- FRIENDSHIP – The greatest treasure of all! Dungeon delving is dangerous, so bring your friends with the new Recruit keyword which summons a random minion from your deck.
- MORE FREE LOOT – Players who have not yet acquired Marin the Foxwill receive this free Legendary card the first time they obtain a Kobolds & Catacombs card pack. Players will also receive 3 Kobolds & Catacombs card packs just for logging in during the launch period!