The Elder Scrolls Online: Cooking/Provisioning Guide
In The Elder Scrolls Online, you can make food and drinks to get buff and recovery. Like many other MMORPGs, Provisioning (including cooking and brewing) in ESO is a crafting profession it's part of the in-game economy. Here's a starting guide for those who undertake this profession.
Provisioning Skill line (image source: esohead)
Basics of Provisioning
- You can make food and drinks through Provisioning. Food provides a 35-minute buff to your major stats (Health, Magicka or Stamina) while drinks help regenerate your major stats (Health, Magicka or Stamina)
- Provisioning has no side effects
- You can't do Provisioning without cooking fire. Cooking fire can be found at inn, camp and certain residences
- You can't do Provisioning without recipe, which can be discovered in Tamriel. Closets, desks, and crates are common places to look for cooking recipes.
- You can't do Provisioning without ingredients which are commonly found in barrels, blankets and gained through fishing. Different ingredients have different "drop rate" and levels
- The higher your Provisioning level is, the less EXP your can gain from doing novice Provisioning
- Green recipe consists of 2 ingredients, Blue consists of 3 and Purple consists of no less than 4
- Recipe is consumable item which means you can "use" a recipe although you may not be able to "learn" it (so it won't occupy your backpack space)
- Ingredients and materials occupy your backpack space
Cooking (image source: youtube)
There are 3 categories of cooking: grilled, bread and pies, and soup and stew.
- Grills increase your maximum Stamina, bread and pies increase your maximum Health, and soup and stew increase your maximum Magicka
- Basically, Green recipe provides buff to one stat. Blue recipe provides buff to two stats or does regeneration thing
There are 3 categories of brew: beer, spirits and wine. Beer boosts Health regeneration, spirits boost Stamina regeneration and wine boosts Magicka regeneration. Similar to food, Green recipe drink boosts regeneration for one stat and Blue recipe drink boosts two.
TipAt the beginning you are recommended to find Provisioning recipes in docks and residential areas. You get better chance to obtain recipes at the closets and cabinet inside the boats and inns.