Destiny 2 PvE Guides and Tips: How to Level up and Increase Power
PC players can finally play Destiny as Bungie's new multiplayer FPS Destiny 2 will be released in October, while console players will be able to play the game on September 6. If you didn't play the first Destiny, here are some tips and guides for PvE.
What is level and power
One of the first things to notice when you start in the main story during your progression, is 2 stats: character level and character power. Level determines how many skills and abilities you can use and the max level is 20. You can level up by playing almost everything from story to PvP to patrol events. Power represents how strong you are, and it's determined by the weapon and armors you equip. Completing the main story is just a new beginning in Destiny 2, as you will be playing a lot of end-game contents such as Nightfall, Trial, and Raid. You can to reach certain power to join and successfully complete them.
Generally it's easier to increase your level to 20 through story missions and adventures (or side quests). For power increase, it's about farming.
What if you have a favorite gun but its power isn't good enough?
No worries. You can increase your favorite gun's power through a system called infuse. That allows you to "transfer" the power level of another gun to your favorite gun.
How to increase power to 260 and 300?
260 is the first soft power cap and it can be reached by farming engrams in activities (source: VG247):
- Go shopping at region vendors to raise your Power
- Max out each region vendor
- Raid Lost Sector chests
- Complete Challenges
- Complete Strikes
- Check out every drop
The next goal is reaching 300 power and to do that you need to play weekly milestones (Flashpoint, Call of Arms, and Nightfall) and raids.
What is Legendary Shard
It's a kind of resource you can use to purchase exotic weapons and armor from Xur, the special vendor who only appears at the weekends, in one specific location in the game.
- Don't upgrade your gun and armor before reaching level 20, because you can easily find a better gun and armor during your progression and you don't want to waste your resources on something you won't use for a long time.
- Only play weekly milestones when you hit the 260 soft power cap.
- You can create and switch between 3 characters in your account so you can play 3 weekly milestones. By doing so, your chance to get higher power equipment will increase.