Wow 5.2 Pets Preview-New pets, Skills and Updates
By StellaX on 0 0
In Patch 5.2 we'll have some new pets, new quest line which provide a new achievement and other updates. Here is the latest information we've got so far. Possibility of changes still exists. We'll keep updating the information.
All the four panda pets are reward of the new quest line Beasts of Fable quest. It works similar to how the Panderia Spirit Trainer quest line was implemented. The quest will be available once you hunted down Aki. Those Elite Battle Pets are really tough creatures and spawn in the wild. You need to track down and defeat 10 of them to complete the quest. Finishing the quest you will get the panada pets and a series of daily quests. All those four panda pets are Humanoid despite the name Panda.
"The white fur of the Snowy Panda allows it to hide in the snowbanks of Kun-Lai Summit."
"Cousin to the Snowy Panda, Mountain Pandas reside in the lower regions of Kun-Lai Summit."
"These cuddly rascals enjoy basking in the sun, sleeping in the sun, and napping in the sun."
Quests Reward Pets
Reward from the quest "A Large Pile of Giant Dinosaur Bones" from the Isle of Giants. "Something about this creature looks familiar..."
Raid Dropped Pets
Those raid pets, Son of Animus and Living Sandling, will drop in all difficulties-LFR, Normal, and Heroic.
Son of Animus
"Forged in the Throne of Thunder, these tiny creations are servants of the great Dark Animus."
According to the Pet Journal, this pet with traditional element appearance came from Throne of Thunder.
Drop from Sunreaver Construct in the Lighting Isle. "Loyal to the Sunreavers from creation, these pint-sized constructs can still pack a punch."
Missile Toxic Smoke Extra Plating Batter Minefield Launch Rocket
drop from Isle of Giants. "This unique raptor was born on the island of Zandalar and transported here along with the rest of the Zandalari army."
All the three wilds pets are from the Isle of Lightning. They don't have unique models yet but we will keep it up to date.
New TCG Pet
There is a new Pet Battle achievement of 5.2 Patch, Fabled Pandaren Tamer. To abtain this achievement you have to beat up the Elite Battle Pet which could be a really uphill battle.
- Supercharge now provides a 125% damage bonus (was 150%), and its cooldown is now 4 rounds (was 3).
- Sprite Darter Hatchling – Evanescence and Arcane Blast have swapped ability positions.
- Nether Roach is now a real roach and can now survive the apocalypse.
- Battle Pet Bandages now stack to 25 and are Bind to Account.
- Battle-Stones now have a chance to be awarded from PVP Pet Battles.
- Pets whose color schemes change each time they are summoned have returned. Older pets with this behavior now have it back, as well as some newcomers.
- Pet levels will now only display on the map when pets are tracked.
- Taming the World now lists its reward correctly in the Achievements pane.
- Level-capped players will now have a chance to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune after winning a pet battle versus a pet within 5 levels of the highest level pet on their team. Higher-level pets will offer a better chance to earn a charm.
- Winning a pet battle versus a team within 5 levels of the player's highest-level pet will now award player experience.
- Fleeing a pet battle will no longer despawn the pet that was being battled, but doing so will now inflict some damage on the fleeing pet battle team.
- Disconnecting from a pet battle will once again respawn the pets you were fighting.
- Any pet that has been killed in a pet battle will now never respawn.
- A number of new pets can be found on the Isle of Lightning, including rare spawn drops, wild pets, and raid boss drops.
- Elite Battle Pets have been added to the game world. These rare pets will spawn alone against an entire team. A new quest has been added to track progress as these new pets are hunted down, and completing that quest will award the new Red Panda pet.
- Please note: Many of these changes have not yet come to the PTR, but will be available soon.