For those of you wondering who inXile Entertainment are, their game The Mage's Tale
may sound more familiar (check the video below). The developers have announced that they had successfully secured $4.5M for the creation of a new Open World VR RPG, received in the form of funding from gumi Inc..
The game is an upcoming VR adventure for the Oculus Touch, developed by inXile Entertainment and published by Oculus Studios. What we know about the game include the following:
- A new Tale of the Unknown in the world of The Bard's Tale
- Collect mystic ingredients which you can use to craft hundreds of custom spells in your very own Mage's Workshop.
- Explore the ancient crypts, sewers, and dungeons to find devious traps and secret rooms hidden around every corner.
- Battle goblins, giants, conjurors, and the forces of the undead as you unravel Gaufroi's diabolical plot and search for Alguin.
- Use your touch controllers to sling spells, summon wards, and solve puzzles.
- With over ten hours of gameplay, The Mage's Tale is an adventure designed from the ground up to capture the magic of the Oculus gaming experience.
Brian Fargo, CEO, inXile Entertainment said “We’ve had incredible feedback from our first [VR] game, The Mage’s Tale, and we want to continue to build on our experience and reputation. I’ve always been fascinated by the social dynamics of the open world survival genre and experiencing that in virtual reality will create powerful and terrifying moments. We’ll also be bringing our storytelling and RPG experience to the table to help enrich the genre”.