Destiny 2 Open Beta Dates and Playable Contents Revealed
Exactly what you can expect in open beta are:
- Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.
- Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.
- Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.
- The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.
- New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.
- The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, the game is inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you're welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. The goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.
It's worth noting that any player data generated in the beta won't be carried over to the final game.