Twilight Spirits Gets Negative User Reviews on Steam for Almost Everything
Maybe Netease Games was just planning to put Twilight Spirits' open beta version onto Steam to see how players thought about the game but they messed up. Just a few days after the game released on Steam the negative reviews have made up 65% of all reviews. And so now the game is "mostly negative" on its Steam page.
First of all the game supports Chinese language only but it's available for everyone. People who don't speak Chinese can't understand the story as well as most gameplay content. Then the server is in China and players are complaining about the connection and crashing issues in their reviews. The other things people didn't like was overpriced cosmetic items, graphics was set at medium, repetitive combat content, and all kinds of errors, etc.
The developer immediately posted a statement on Steam to apologize for the poor launch. They said they were scheduling a timetable to optimize the major issues including:
- The explanation in the Tutorial section is not clear enough;
- Default graphic setting is not the finest level of the game;
- Some of the control settings do not fit in with Steam Players’ requirements;
- The game lags under some of the graphic display settings;
- Should be able to use Roman alphabet to name a character;
- An English version is in urgently need;
- The character designs should be more diversified.
Now the team is working on the following:
- Set the default graphic display as the finest. After which, players can adjust the graphic display level under the settings menu in the game;
- Improve the guides and explanations in the tutorial section;
- Make it available to use Roman characters to name a character;
- Optimize the experience of players with integrated graphics cards.