Tencent Presents 28 Games at UP 2017 Conference; Lost Ark Is Absent
Obviously the South Korean government's decision to deploy the advanced missile defense system has led to the Chinese government's soft-ban to South Korean video games, and Lost Ark is the victim. Looks like the Chinese version will be delayed indefinitely.
There are 9 PC online games presented
- Need for Speed Edge: non-wipe test due in summer holidays; partners with Mercedes-Benz
- Rocket League: announces to publish the popular competitive game in China
- Deformers: partner with Ready At Dawn to publish the game in China
- Paragon: first Chinese beta on April 26
- Paladins: non-wipe test slated for July 2017
- Transformers Online: non-wipe test starts May 18; will partner with Transformers: The Last Knight movie
- Rising Fire: Sci-fi RPG shooter reveals 2 new playable characters and Chinese closed beta time
- Path of Exile: Chinese version will sync up with the global version for content update
- MapleStory 2: teams up with Paul Frank and Bilibili (a Chinese video sharing platform)
6 games announced for the A.C.E Program (aiming to support indie developers)
- Artillery & Torpedo (舰炮与鱼雷): realistic military competitive ship battle game
- Card Monsters (卡片怪兽): a competitive TCG
- Hatsune Miku: Fantastic Diva (初音未来: 梦幻歌姬): dancing game based on famous Hatsune Miku IP
- Hello Kitty World Touring (Hello Kitty环球之旅): a match-3 game targeting at female audience
- Eternal Crusade (无尽远征): 2D paper-cutting style fantasy RPG
- Crazy Snowball H5 (疯狂雪球H5): "IO" style casual competitive game
8 mobile RPGs are shown
- The King of Fighters Destiny: the licensed King of Fighters mobile RPG will be released in 2017 and the game has cross-play content with The King of Fighter World. It will also get an animation this summer
- Chuan Qi Ba Ye: based on popular webgame in China, the mobile version features boss battle, PK, full loot PvP and siege, etc.
- Mo Li Bao Bei: cute JRPG with various of roles and pets. The game also boasts high quality music
- MU Awakening: PC version’s classic gameplay such as the maps and classes will return in this mobile title. The mobile version has enhanced visual.
- JX3: based on classic Chinese wuxia IP, the mobile action MMORPG stresses on huge story, unique qinggong for each class, and more.
- Lineage 2 Revolution: epic world, beautiful graphics and compelling combat.
- Xuan Yuan Chuan Qi: based on Chinese mythology and features over 1000 god creatures, 60 maps and 40 story dungeons
- Xun Xian is another mobile RPG shown at the conference and it brings back the PC version’s dungeon gameplay and flying mount content
The King of Fighters Destiny
There are other 11 mobile games presented at UP 2017, you can watch the trailer below to see how they look like.
Video source: MMO Culture