Rend Is a New Survival MMO from Former Blizzard and Riot Games Developer
You may not call the game an MMO depending on how you define the term "MMORPG". The game has 3 factions, an open world, a server wipe mechanism, and plans to host about 100 players in each server. You must strategically team up with other players and friends to battle enemy creatures and rival factions, build and fortify your base, and race against the enemy factions to gather the lost souls to fill up your faction's Divinity Stone.
If gathering lost souls for your faction and progress your character is the PvE experience, then protecting your faction's Divinity Stone is about PvP. Every week, there will be a server-wide PvP event called The Reckoning. You must join forces to strategically align and plan how their faction will protect and defend their base and Divinity Stone. Server will be wiped off and reset after a winner is declared. To win, a faction must fill up their Divinity Stone to ascend, or destroy the enemy factions' Divinity Stones.
In terms of combat, Rend features a responsive shooter-style combat system featuring a wide array of weapon types. As players use different weapons, they will increase their skill and eventually unlock customization paths to specialize in different uses of that weapon.
Rend is scheduled to release in Spring 2017. Tell us if the concept of the game interest you? Tell us what you think.
- Base building: defensive structures, crafting stations, decor, and more
- FPS combat: compelling shooter gameplay with a large variety of weapons
- Crafting and research: craft hundreds of items and research new technologies to increase your capabilities
- Skill system: a broad set of skills that level up and reward players for most activities in the game
- Talents: customize your character with four unique talent trees as you level up
- Mounts: venture into the spirit realm to capture mountable companions
- Artifact weapons: find and collect ultra-powerful artifact weapons to dominate your enemies
- Base raiding: invade enemy factions' bases to steal resources and ultimately wipe them out
- AI invasions: defend your base against hordes of AI attackers
- Win or lose: full support for your faction to win or lose on your chosen server
- Custom servers: run your own server and customize its ruleset to your liking
- Survival mechanics: resource harvesting, environmental danger, hunger and thirs