Final Fantasy XIV: Samurai Revealed for Stormblood Expansion - Trailer
Final Fantasy XIV will let you play the samurai job in Stormblood expansion that launches in June. At the Fan Festival in Frankfurt, Square Enix revealed the long-awaited samurai as a new job. You can watch a video and a trailer of new job below.
The samurai will be a melee DPS class wields a katana. The job starts at level 50.
The samurai will be able to deal with serious damage. He also uses techniques like "Iai" (Iaidō), the traditional Japanese "way of sword pulling." Techniques of the "Sen" like "Setsu" (snow), "Getsu" (moon) and "Ka" (flower) are also used Role-play.
The samurai can store energy in his katana, then unleash it in special attacks. Above we have embedded the first animations of the samurai in a short trailer.
- The job's questline will start in Eorzea
- The samurai has no class from which it is directly dependent
- He will use the same armor that the monk is keen on - that is, Str-Gear
- Timing will play an important role in his attacks
- Naoki Yoshida has actually played with the Spiderman T-Shirt on the Spiderman director "Sam Raimi" whose name resembles Samurai.