Super Mario Run Beginner Guide: Useful Tricks and Tips
Is the game free-to-play?
The game's first World (including 3 levels and a castle) is free to play. There are 5 more Worlds that you need to play $9.9 USD to unlock. So play the first World and see if you like the game.
Tricks in jumping
- The game is played with one finger. Tap on the screen to jump, and tap and hold to make a higher jump.
- Tapping and holding and tapping again makes you spin.
- Tapping and holding and swiping to the left takes Mario back a bit.
- Jump to collide with a wall or a brick will make Mario's direction reverse.
- You can jump to hit at the junction of 2 bricks to hit 2 bricks in one jump. You get 2 power-ups instead of just one.
- Points can be used to redeem rewards. Complete daily challenges. Some are easy quests such as adding a friend, while some need a little effort such as completing World 1.
- There are challenge coins in the game which reward you more points. These challenge coins are in the colors of pink, purple, and black. Once you collect all coins for a color, you can start looking for coins of the other color.
- Login with your Nintendo account to get points as well (BTW, you can unlock Toad character by signing in with Nintendo account).
- Complete Missions to get points. You can find in Missions in "My Nintendo" section.
- Play Toad Rally to get more points.
- Jump to collide with a wall or a brick to reverse your direction to collect the coins you miss.
- Try to clear all paths in the same level. So you have to play the same level for multiple times and take different paths each time to collect all coins in that level.
- Go where the arrow points you and you may find a lot of coins.
- Play Toad Rally to get more coins.
- Purchase the full game and you get 3000 coins automatically.
You can use coins to buy decorations, buildings, and other objects for your Kingdom. However, you have to unlock some items before you can buy them.
How to participate in Toad Rally?
Collect Challenge Coins to get Toad Rally tickets.
How to get high score in Toad Rally?
Toad Rally is about being stylish and collecting coins. You need to get more toads to cheer for you by making as many stylish moves as possible. That requires some practices and familiarity to the map.
And then you should try to collect as many coins as possible along the way to the end. There is a Coin
Rush gauge that fills up as you perform certain actions.
Don't forget to take out enemies to get additional scores.
How to unlock Luigi, Yoshi, Toadette, Toad and Princess Peach?
You can unlock Luigi, Yoshi, and Toadette in your Kingdom by building their houses. Remember to save room for their houses in your Kingdom.
- To build Luigi's house, you need to collect 150 Green Toads and 150 Purple Toads in Toad Rally.
- To build Yoshi's house, you need to collect 30 Red Toads and 30 Yellow Toads in the Toad Rally.
- To build Toadette's house, you need to collect 200 Red Toads, 200 Blue Toads, and 200 Green Toads in the Toad Rally.
You can unlock Toad by linking your MyNintendo account to Super Mario Run.
You can unlock Princess Peach by finishing the World Tour mode.
How to unlock more items in the Kingdom?
You will need more Toads in your kingdom to unlock new items. You can play Toad Rally to get more Toads.
Tips of buildings in the Kingdom
To unlock new buildings, just complete the World Tour. Some buildings offer special bonus that can help you earn more Toad Rally Tickets and coins.
How to collect Challenge Coins (Pink, Purple, Black Coins)?
Watch the video below to see how to get all Pink, Purple, and Black Coins in World 1-1. More will be upated later.