Mark Kern Asks If You Want to Have a Spiritual Successor to Firefall
So what is Ember? Set in the universe of Crixa, Ember focuses on characters known as Reapers, who come in to exploit newly discovered planets for resources, or prepare them for colonization.
Ember follows the principles and vision of the original game design.
- A shooter first, with great movement, guns and abilities. Skill matters. Progression is horizontal, opening up more options and abilities and gameplay.
- Mining and gathering of resources with the aid of huge, autonomous mechs. Resources matter, and finding and gathering them is fun.
- Build and customize your own "omniframe" suit and weapons system. Customize them to your unique needs and the role you want to fulfill.
- Sandbox world. Terraform the planet over time, create pockets of habitable areas and build refineries, defenses, and bases of operation.
- Play a simulated world, with dynamic events. Go anywhere, do anything. Events will unfold around you as you play--perhaps even war.