Overwatch: Tactics and Tips You Need to Know Before Entering the Game
Blizzard's team-based shooter Overwatch has finally launched today. Before you enter the game, you will definitely want to know the basic tactics and tips about this game, so we round-up some useful ones regarding of FPS games, Overwatch general mechanisms and character. Let's take a look.
About FPS Games
1. Hand-eye coordination mostly depends on genetics.
2. The common people’s visual reaction time is between 200ms-300ms while the profession players could reach 160ms
3. Compared with 60Hz monitor, 144Hz monitor could decrease 10ms visual delay
4. The lowest frame rate is more important than the highest frame rate
5. 1000Hz mouse rate will increase 3%-8% CPU occupancy rate comparing to 500Hz mouse rate, and Core i3 and lower CPUs will be slowed remarkably.
6. No matter how long the mouse be moved, the consuming time is from 0.2-0.5 second.
7. The shorter distance mouse covers, the slower man hands movement speed is
8. If you want to improves mouse accuracy, you should lower the mouse’s DPI
9. Different gaming keyboards and mechanical keyboards won’t make difference in Overwatch
10. If you character is still, you can only distinguish left and right by using two-channel earphone.
1. Respawn time for Defense and Offense are different. Defense is 12 seconds while the Offense is 10 seconds
2. Heroes’ ultimate charge rates is different. Symmetra is the fastest while the Lucio is the slowest
3. The small and large Health Packs could give you +75HP and 250HP respectively. The small one has 10 second respawn timer while the large one refresh every 15 seconds.
4. The playload could recover nearby character by 10HP/s
5. While a hero has any number of yellow armor points remaining, every instance of damage they receive will be reduced by a flat 5 points.
1. D.Va’s headshot area is pretty large and the movement during shooting is show.
2. Genji’s Deflect can headshot but Swift Strike can’t
3. Lucio’s Amp it up can increase the attack speed
4. Fully-charged Zarya can deal much more damage than offense heroes.
5. Tracer doesn’t have faster movement speed
6. Pharah is like a battlefield control hero rather than a offense hero
7. Symmetra’s left button weapon can deal large amount of damage after 2 seconds of target lock.
8. Symmetra’s right button weapon can penetrate wall and shield
9. Torbjorn’s Armor pack is as important as the Turret
10. Zenyatta’s Orb of Discord could increase 50% of damage. If it’s a headshot damage, it will be 300% of damage.
11. Zenyatta has no footsteps