Overwatch Junkrat Guide and Tips
Range is very much your friend when it comes to playing Junkrat. Place your mines and traps in the likely path of the enemy's approach, then move back and dish out your damage from a distance.
- The grenades from Junkrat's launcher can also damage him, so be very careful when firing your weapon in confined spaces - confined spaces that you're in as well, that is...
- You're not likely to have much fun trying to land grenades directly upon an enemy target, so instead focus on spreading damage around in a specific area. This will cause plenty of chaos and confusion for the enemy team, and leave them with no safe space to run to.
- Most Junkrat players will re-mine an area they've had success with, so choose a different route towards your objective if you're up against an enemy Junkrat! At least make him work harder for his kills.
- If you know you're going to die as Junkrat, it can be worth getting closer to the enemy rather than further away - particularly if they themselves are at low health. The damage from your death may be enough to finish off the job - and hey, you might as well take someone with you.
- If you just let your RIP-Tire roll towards your target in a straight line, they've a very good chance of simply shooting it down or dodging it altogether. Instead, consider flanking around them in order to add an extra layer of confusion.
- Junkrat synergises well with Heroes like Widowmaker or Hanzo, who can provide extra intel on the location of the enemy team. Once spotted, all you need to worry about is hurling death and destruction their way.
- You might consider dropping a Steel Trap nearby before you fire off RIP-Tire, just to buy yourself a little more breathing space for your explosive wheel to get its job done.
- If you die while your Ultimate ability is underway, don't switch off! You still get the chance to detonate it onto a target if you can reach one before the timer's up. If your tire has lost a lot of health, detonate it before it can fizzle out with a whimper.