Overwatch: Genji Guide and Tips
Focus purely on your attacking options and you might pick someone off, but you likely won't live long enough to do it again. Always have an escape route in mind for when things go wrong, and be ready to make use of Genji's incredible mobility passive at every stage of the fight.
>>>Check out other heroes' guide here
- Use Genji's fantastic burst damage and mobility to focus on wiping out the enemy team's most irritating Support Heroes. He's also fantastic for getting behind shields to deal with well-positioned turrets.
- Genji's double-jump can really catch an opponent by surprise in a duel. Get used to working this mobility option into your combat routine to make it that bit harder for the enemy to pick you off.
- Know your targets before letting rip with your Ultimate, and have a plan in mind of where you want to head to once one target has been taken care of. You want to tot up as many squishy kills as possible while you have the means to slice through them with relative ease.
- All of Genji's abilities can be used during Dragonblade. This may not be apparent, but you can still use Swift Strike and Deflect during Dragonblade. It is very helpful for staying alive when people are shooting by using Deflect, or chasing someone down by using Swift Strike.
- Swift Strike has many uses, including crossing gaps you would otherwise be unable to cross. You can also use it to close distance and move around a map more quickly.
- Learn the appropriate times to use left-click and right-click. If you're trying to finish them off and can land at least 2 with right-click, spam it. It has a faster shoot rate than left-click. Honestly, I could go on and on about this but one is not objectively better than the other in specific situations, practice and use good judgement. Obviously don't use right-click for long-range. That's just silly.