10 Tips to Help you Dominate the Competition in Overwatch
The Overwatch beta is now in full swing. If you’ve pre-ordered, you can jump into the battle arena and fight with your friends. Before you start to play this game, perhaps you’d like to prepare by checking out some Overwatch guides. Today I will share some useful guides and tips for you, and it’s very helpful especially when you put your hands on this game for the first time. They are not very strategic but will help you learn more about hero choice, battlegrounds and skills.
In Overwatch, heroes always have advantages and disadvantages, and there is also a rock-paper-scissors mechanic there, so the best strategy is changing your hero according to the map and opponents line-up. You can change your hero at any point in the match, this is a very powerful tool you can use to single handlely change the outcome of matches. Here are some tips for whether or not you should switch to another hero.
When you should remain the same hero:
- Your team has advantage
- You have charged 70% of your ultimate skill
- You can only play this hero
- Two teams are in an impasse
- Some certain hero can counter your opponents’ lineup very effectively
- Your team has an incredible advantage
Abilities and Ultimates
- Abilities have Cooldowns, and please be aware of your heroes cooldowns and what situations they excel in.
- when you feel you are going to die never just run; Juke, shoot, spam your abilities.
- Ultimate abilities do not have a cooldown but instead gain charge over time and as you damage.
- Synchronizing abilities has devastating effect, a well timed ultimate can outright win a game. Know the heroes you are with and what synergies you can exploit.
- Overwatch games (whether they be Quick Play, Competitive Play, or even Custom Games) revolve heavily around the Game Mode of the map being played. Killing players of the opposing team is not a goal in itself, but simply a way to facilitate securing the objectives of the Game Mode.
- Please keep all playgrounds layout and health pack route in mind
Last but not least, Overwatch is a team game, and much like fighting as a team with using numbers to advantage, teammates want to synergize our abilities, pushes, and picks. Think and work as a 6 man team, communicate with any force you wish.