Brad McQuaid's New MMORPG Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Kickstarter is Now Live
By Caleb on 0 0
After leaking his brand new MMORPG Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen on twitter lately, Brad McQuaid now brings its kickstarter up. With an introduction of all the initial detail including game lore, combat, grouping etc., the Kickstarter gives a sneak peek of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. Here is a part of note from renowned EverQuest creator Brad McQuaid.
In the last several months I’ve been able to build up a core team of MMO veterans. They’re also a solid group of guys, a blast to brainstorm with, and we all share the same vision. And while we’ve been able to accomplish quite a bit with our small but talented team, the reality is that we need you to help us see this project through to completion.
It’s also time to let you all see what we’ve been up to.
We know of course that, in addition to some killer concept art and gameplay details, you’ll also want to see some of the actual game. So we spent a focused several months bringing this Kickstarter site to a point where we felt good about letting all of you see what we've been up to. We’ve included a few screenshots and some actual in-game video into the intro movie. Of course, as development continues, we will keep you updated with current screenshots and video so you (and the NSA) can monitor our progress.
We could have taken the team, the prototype, the design docs, and the concept art to a publisher or an investor, but we decided it made more sense to first bring it directly to you. Hopefully you’ll like what you see and find the game’s design and focus both compelling and refreshing.
- An MMO developed by gamers who aren't afraid to target an audience of like-minded gamers.
- A fantasy themed Massively Multiplayer Role Playing game (MMO) with a heavy focus on character development, an immersive world, and teamwork.
- An MMO for players wanting a challenging and rewarding experience.
- An open world in which you explore to obtain not only more powerful items but also new spells and abilities.
- Travel where and when you want to in a non-linear world.
- A huge world to explore, trade, and adventure in.
- A complex back-story that players may gradually discover as they grow in power and explore the world.
- A constantly expanding and evolving world.
- Group-focused social gameplay using a class based system to encourage teamwork.
- Customize your class by bonding with the spirits of fallen warriors.
- Reactive combat where you can determine what the NPC is doing and react to it. (move, counter, deflect, etc.) .
- Combat will be challenging and involved -- your decisions will matter and directly affect the battle's outcome.
- Travel the world and profit from selling exotic items collected from distant realms. Different cities and outposts may have local Bazaars.
- Limited and class based teleportation may get you close, but in order to reach many destinations you will have to traverse the planar scarred lands of Terminus through the use of your own two feet or on the back of your mighty steed.
- Earning experience is only part of what it takes to level up. Exploring the world you will gain knowledge and power allowing you to overcome more powerful enemies.
- The game will run on PC, Mac, and possibly other platforms in the future.
Here is a Pantheon Kickstarter Q&A video, check it out.
Brad McQuaid Unveiled the Name of His Mystery MMO - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen